Examples of scarcity in my life:
1) Standing in line for FIVE hours to get the new iPhone
2) Shopping at every store in town trying to find a Wii for my dad for Father’s Day with no luck. He ended up getting a tip that the Best Buy near his house was getting a new supply so he was the first one at the door the next morning.
3) Calling the book store today to make sure they would have enough of Breaking Dawn when it releases tomorrow.
Examples of scarcity around the world:
• More than 2 billion people lack access to electricity and modern forms of energy.
• More than 1 billion (one in five) people live on less than U.S.$1 a day.
• Roughly one-sixth of the world’s population, or 1.1 billion people, do not have access to safe water.
• One person in seven goes to bed hungry every day.
• Every day, nearly 16,000 children die from hunger-related causes. That amounts to one child every 5 seconds.
Wow! That will challenge your perspective! How do we reconcile this?